IT IS A REQUIREMENT OF THE SUPREME EDUCATION COUNCIL THAT A COPY OF YOUR CHILD’S QATAR RESIDENCE VISA/QATAR ID NUMBER AND IMMUNIZATION RECORD BE ON FILE AND AVAILABLE FOR INSPECTION.
Failure to supply this documentation when your child is a full time registered pupil attending GIS may result in your child being asked to be withdrawn from the school.
When your child’s application moves higher up the waitlist, his/her paperwork will be reviewed by a member of our School to ascertain whether an assessment is required. If an assessment is recommended, the Registrar will email you to invite your child in to spend part of a morning in the age appropriate class in order to be assessed. Should your child decline to attend the assessment, your application will be removed from the waitlist without further notice. If your child is not yet in Doha, please telephone the Registrar when he/she arrives in order to arrange this appointment. A QR 200 non-refundable assessment fee per child is to be paid prior to a child being assessed.
Children of any nationality will not be admitted if they are assessed by GIS to have learning and/or behavioral difficulties and the School is unable to offer an appropriate curriculum or facilities.
Because the school limits class size to a maximum of 20 pupils for Foundation Stage and 24 pupils for Key Stages 1-6 we often have wait-listed applicants in most of our year groups. Acceptance of the registration form does not guarantee a place at the School.
After a satisfactory assessment, and provided a seat is available, the Registrar will contact you via email or phone to offer a place.
If, when offered a seat and it is declined, we will remove the pupil’s name from the waiting list and offer the parent the opportunity to make a new application.
If a seat is offered and accepted and payment made, but the pupil has yet to arrive in Doha it is only possible to pay for one term before the pupil must attend. Failure to attend at the beginning of the 2nd term will result in the place being withdrawn.
Invoice for the First Term’s Fees and Additional Fees
Upon your acceptance of the offered place, the Accounts Office will prepare an invoice. The invoice will be for one term’s school fees, the registration fee, seat reservation fee, books fee and uniform fee. Payment guidelines and a due date will appear on the invoice. This invoice must be settled in full by the due date as stated on the invoice to secure your child’s place. Registration fee and tuition fee is just paid once for continuing students.
School Fee Policy
Payment of School Fees Policy
The academic year is divided into two terms. The tuition fee is payable in two (2) installments due on the dates specified for each term. There are no reimbursements for absence or illness. Fees are subject to annual review.
Fees additional to those describe below are payable in respect with certain matters. These include but are not limited to costs for trips and visits, extra learning support and optional out of hours lessons for certain students. Such additional fees will be charged separately on a case by case basis.
Due Dates for Payment of Fees:
- 1st Term Fees: payable immediately after acceptance.
- Other fees (Registration, Seat Reservation, Books & Uniforms): payable on or before September 1st
- 2nd Term Fees: payable on or before December 1st
The following procedure will be followed when fees are not received by the due date.
- A text message and an email will be sent five (5) days after the due date.
- A letter will be sent home with the student ten (10) days after the due date.
- The student’s place will be withdrawn fourteen (14) days after the due date mentioned.
- In the case of a dishonoured cheque, the fees must be paid in cash within three (3) days of being notified.
- In the case of financial hardship, this must be communicated to the School CEO and Founder in writing.
- In cases of non-payment, any other school or educational establishment to which your child will be transferred will be informed of the outstanding fees.
- Refund of Fees Paid in Advance for the New Academic Year
Fees will only be refunded under the following circumstances:
- 100% refund of the tuition fees, where 1st Term Fees have been paid and written notice is given two (2) months before the end of the 2nd term of the previous academic year. QR 1000 will be charged as registration fees.
- 50% refund of the tuition fees, where 1st Term Fees have been paid and written notice is given no less than 45 days before the end of the 2nd term of the previous academic year. QR 1000 will be charged as registration fees.
- No refunds will be given after the mentioned deadlines.
Transferring a student to a different school
In case a student will transfer to a different school, an acceptance letter from the new school has to be submitted before December 1st of that Academic Year.
I/We hereby acknowledge that I/we have read and understood the Fees Policy and Refund Policy of Gheras International School.